ABOUT THE CHAMBER
There are many benefits to joining the Chamber and we are working hard to promote and protect the thriving business community in Lewes.
Membership is inexpensive and the application is straightforward.
The work of Lewes Chamber of Commerce is undertaken by its members, on a voluntary basis, and has an increasing membership of local businesses from the Lewes and surrounding area. The membership includes businesses of all types and sizes from independent shops, garden designers and architects to solicitors and accountants (and everything in between).
Lewes Chamber is key to the promotion of the interests of the business community in Lewes and helps to attract new customers to the town by hosting events and organising the popular Late Night Shopping event in December.
We are also members of Alliance of Chambers in East Sussex (ACES), a business network of all the Chambers of Commerce and the FSB in East Sussex, presenting over 4,000 local businesses with 15,000 members of staff.
When you join Lewes Chamber of Commerce you become part of one of the town’s most effective business groups. You increase the opportunities to do business within Lewes. You can share your knowledge and expertise, and in turn you get access to a new business network. The Chamber is the voice of the Lewes’ business community and we use this voice to help our members build successful businesses. We are starting to develop a reputation for providing high-quality networking opportunities full of inspirational advice.
The Chamber has three key priorities:
• Promote local trade and commerce
• Support and advice to local business
• Represent the interests of the local business community
Like with many things in business the more you put in, the more you will get out of Chamber membership. If you would like to get involved please feel free to contact the Chamber.
The Executive Committee
• Clare Crouch, President
• Elizabeth Lang, Vice-president
• Ashley Price, Secretary
• Andrew Wells, Hon. Treasurer
• Cllr John Lamb, Lewes Town Council Representative
• Andrew Simpson, Hon. Planning Advisor
• David Hurford, Committee Member
• Susan Murray, Committee Member
• Jonathan Spencer, Committee Member
* The position of Hon. Solicitor is vacant and we would welcome more members to the Executive Committee.
If you would like to have a say in decisions regarding the future of Lewes and the prosperity of the business community, join today.
Membership Rates 2021Starting from
- 1-4 employees £60.00
- 5-10 employees £80.00
- 11+ employees £100.00
- Registered Charity/Not-for-profit £25.00