Lawson Lewis & Co was established in Eastbourne in 1875 and grew organically and by merger establishing an office in Peacehaven in 2000.
Blaker Son & Young was founded in Lewes in approximately 1830.
The separate firms of Lawson Lewis & Co and Blaker Son & Young merged in October 2012 to form the new practice of Lawson Lewis Blakers. The new firm has a team of over twenty lawyers and approaching seventy staff based in offices in Eastbourne, Peacehaven and Lewes.
The ethos of both firms is similar. Each firm has a history of long family involvement. In the case of Blaker Son & Young Mark Barrett a partner followed his father into the practice. In the case of Lawson Lewis & Co Jeremy Sogno followed both his father and grandfather into the firm – a connection of over eighty years.
We aim to fuse traditional values of approachable personal service, a commitment to the highest quality legal advice delivered by modern business methods in a pragmatic and comprehensible fashion.