ABOUT THE CHAMBER
The Lewes Chamber of Commerce was established in the 1930s and has a membership comprising businesses who are based in or trade in Lewes.
The membership includes businesses of all types and sizes from sole traders to multi-million businesses with hundreds of staff. The Chamber is key to the promotion of the interests of the business community in Lewes and helps to attract new customers to the town by hosting joint Chamber networking and organising the popular Late Night Shopping event in December.
Acting Vice-President (until March 2017) & Immediate Past President
David Clark (W.E. Clark & Son, Lewes Jewellers)
Andrew M. Wells (Andrew M. Wells Accounting)
Sarah Kelly (Morgan Kelly Solicitors)
Christmas Late Night Shopping Chair
Adam Bagnall (Harveys Brewery)
Executive Committee Member
Fiona Kay (Cheese Please)
When you join the Lewes Chamber of Commerce you become part of one of the town’s most effective business groups. You increase the opportunities to do business within Lewes. You can share your knowledge and expertise, and in turn you get access to a new business network.
The Chamber is the voice of the Lewes’ business community and we use this voice to help our members build successful businesses. We are starting to develop a reputation for providing high-quality networking opportunities and delivering seminars that are full of inspirational advice.
Membership of the Chamber gives you access to an ever growing list of benefits including:
- Free seminars on topics to help you and your business such as tax, debt recovery, HR etc.
- Networking opportunities to meet new contacts
- A voice to liaise, consult and lobby Town, District and County Councils on matters that affect business in Lewes
- Opportunity to share news and offers via our monthly email newsletter
- Invitations to social and business events, at preferential prices
- Membership of the Chamber Linkedin Group to discuss and share information with other members
- Access to other local Chambers of Commerce
- A ‘heads up’ on developments that could affect your business
Through our growing programme of activities and through our close links with relevant organisations, we provide a wide range of benefits and opportunities for members that are unavailable to other businesses.
Don’t just join, join in!
The work of the Chamber is undertaken by volunteers who serve on a variety of committees and portfolios. These volunteers are committed to delivering benefits to the members and use their skills and give their time as required.